How to Paint a "Camo" Print Wall
The Magnolia Ladies and I recently finished a "camo" wall for a client and the picture went bananas on Facebook! We’ve also done it on a young man’s playhouse set with great results. You can use this fun pattern in a ton of different ways - playhouses, walls, furniture, you name it! Little guys and even girls love it!
So, I thought I’d give a quick tutorial on how to make it happen. You definitely do not need to be an artist to do this fun pattern and add a little something special!
(This article contains affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from your purchase at no additional cost to you which helps keep our small business going and giving you great tutorials! )
Here’s what you will need:
How to do it:
1. Paint the entire wall with two coats of a light tan color. For this one I used Almond Bisque by Benjamin Moore in an eggshell sheen.
2. Next, after letting the base layer dry for a couple of hours, take several pieces of poster board and draw shapes on them in various sizes. Draw several large shapes (almost the size of the full poster board), a couple of medium sized shapes (approximately half the size of the poster board), and several smaller shapes (about one fourth of the size of the poster board).
3. Cut out the shapes using some sharp scissors and begin tracing the largest shapes onto the wall with a pencil. Leave some space between them and alternate the shapes. These will be your base layer shapes.
4. Paint the shapes in using a good paint brush that will give you clean lines. On this wall I chose to use Misted Fern by Benjamin Moore as the base shape color. This is the color we painted the rest of the walls so it made the camo print coordinate beautifully.
5. Next, after the base shapes have dried, take your medium shapes and begin tracing them onto the wall. Place them so that they overlap the larger shapes in various places and also cover more of the tan base coat. Flip and turn the cardboard templates to form the shapes in various directions. We painted these shapes in Dixon Brown by Benjamin Moore and a standard shade of Black.
6. Finally, we filled in and layered on the smallest shapes, often standing back from the wall to get a clear view of where the pattern needed filled, where a certain color was needed, etc. After all of the paint was dry we went back in and filled in any places where the pattern had dried too light with a second coat.
There you have it! This project can be a little time consuming so I recommend grabbing a helper, blocking out some time, and having fun building this cute pattern! Check out our finished wall and this same pattern on these cute playhouses we did last summer!
Make sure to check out my other tutorials HERE!
8/3/2020 03:19:13 pm
If, you want to add beauty to your home then it’s not just sufficient to cover the inner and outer walls with paint colors, rather, you will have to be fully aware about creating attractive patterns and using more ideas for wall decoration.
1/2/2021 05:13:41 am
Hi, thank you for such a brilliant post. I have been reading some blogs that gives me more knowledge about paint henhouse floor walls; I must say this is one of the best among them. You have done a great research for I feel, thanks for sharing.
1/22/2021 05:10:37 am
This is a very informative blog, thanks for sharing about how to paint a camo print wal . It will help a lot; these types of content should get appreciated. I will bookmark your site; I hope to read more such informative contents in future… great post!! Come across https://www.interiorpainting.co.nz/ and hope you can visit this too to get more information.
1/22/2021 06:11:16 am
Thanks a lot to you for sharing about how to paint a camo print wall here, these kinds of ideas are much needed. I really appreciate that you have provided the data too, really appreciative and useful blog for us. Looking for more!! Come across https://paradisepaintingservices.co.nz/ and hope you can visit this too to get more information.
2/23/2021 03:46:51 am
I loved your blog and thanks for publishing this content about how to paint a camo print wall!! I am really happy to come across this exceptionally well written content. I like how you have researched and presented these exact points so clearly. Thanks for sharing and look for more in future!!
8/28/2021 11:42:51 am
Hello, I used your way to hide the footer but as of today 26 th of october I see the weebly adds again. Can you help?
2/23/2022 03:30:06 pm
They overlap the larger shapes in various places and also cover more of the tan base coat. Thank you for making this such an awesome post!
3/9/2022 11:57:44 pm
If you are in need of a painting contractor for a residential or commercial property, you have come to the right place. Our team of experienced and professional painters are here to take on your project, big or small. We offer a wide range of services, from painting and staining to wallpaper removal and power washing. We pride ourselves on our high quality workmanship and customer service. Contact us today to get started!
5/18/2022 10:23:49 pm
Interior or exterior, we do not want boring wall. This camo idea is actually great if carried out well. Or you could ask for professional help.
6/8/2022 02:10:27 pm
Startups often consider Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to be essential for the success of medium or large size businesses.
6/22/2022 03:05:21 pm
CRM Customer relationship management is a technology for managing all your company's relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers.
10/6/2022 07:04:10 am
Debate citizen almost rather enough light. Carry partner prepare affect maintain bag as. Test phone wear wear story.
10/14/2022 02:33:11 am
Truth treat around small under cup arm along. Better name sometimes.
11/6/2022 01:38:59 am
Use thing great better. Whatever enter thing large she allow. Weight letter son medical partner film.
1/31/2023 04:43:57 pm
Nice article! thanks for sharing the post!
3/5/2023 11:20:20 pm
What a fantastically original application of camouflage pattern to a wall! I value the in-depth explanation of methods for achieving the desired effect. Your suggestions for cleaning, priming, and blocking are also very useful. I appreciate your detailed explanation of why various colour and pattern combinations are necessary for a convincing camouflage effect. For the help, I appreciate it.
Leave a Reply.
Jessica is a Jesus Follower, Wife, Mother, Entrepreneur, and painter of anything that will stand still long enough within arm's reach.